Terms & Conditions
“HUAT” SLING BAG & PROSPERITY CUSHION REDEMPTION
- CP1 PTE. LTD. (Registration Number 201013115M), and/or its related corporations and affiliates (referred to hereunder as “Chinatown Point”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collectively or singularly as the context requires.
- Redemptions are valid from 28 December 2022 to 12 January 2023 for “HUAT” Sling Bag and 13 January 2023 to 05 February 2023 for Prosperity Cushion only unless otherwise stated.
- Limited to one (1) redemption per shopper, per transaction, per day, on a first-come, first-served basis, and while stocks last (regardless of the amount spent).
- Min. spend of $288 ($338 for NTUC FairPrice/ Melaleuca receipts) in a max of 3 same-day receipts to be eligible for the “HUAT” Sling Bag or the Prosperity Cushion.
- Receipts that are stamped “redeemed” cannot be re-used and are not valid for any other mall redemptions/ promotions with an exception for Prosperity E-Lucky Draw and Rainbow Calligraphy.
- Last redemption would be at 9.30pm daily at the Concierge, Level 2.
- Next-day redemption: Time of purchase reflected on receipt(s) must be from 9.30pm onwards and redemption must be made on the next day with original receipt(s).
- Only valid original computer-printed payment receipts from any outlet in Chinatown Point will be accepted for redemption. Handwritten/duplicate receipts, bill/AXS payments, NETS slips, credit card charge slips, top-ups of stored value cards/mobile pre-paid card receipts, money changer receipts, laundry receipts, deposit slips, lottery tickets and pawn tickets will not be accepted for redemption.
- Receipts for payment via credit card reward/bonus/loyalty/privilege points are not applicable for redemption.
- Receipts for payment of bills/fines, instalment plans/hire purchase plans/ partial purchase payment, topping up of cash cards, purchase of gift vouchers, privilege cards, ALL prepaid cards and parking coupons are not applicable for redemption.
- Redemption is based on nett purchase amount reflected in original receipts (exclusive of discounts or usage of points for redemption and rebates).
- No splitting of receipts from a single shop/ outlet/ store is allowed. The Management reserves the right to turn down any redemption if such an act has been committed.
- Redemption items are non-exchangeable for cash, promotional, discount and mall vouchers.
- The Management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
- By participating in this promotion or make any redemption at Chinatown Point, shopper shall be deemed to have read, understood, and accepted all the Terms and Conditions stated herein and to have agree to the same.
- In the event of any inconsistencies between the terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional matters relating to this promotion, the Management’s final decision on such terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Shoppers who spend a minimum of S$88 at any Store in a single same-day receipt, are eligible to participate in the Rainbow Calligraphy activity.
- Pre-registration is required at the Concierge, level 2 to receive an activity ticket.
- Redemption is limited to the first 50 registrants per session. Redemption is on a first-come-first-served basis, while stocks last.
- Receipts once utilized for any redemption will not be eligible for any other ongoing mall redemptions/promotions with an exception for Prosperity E-Lucky Draw.
- Limited to 1 redemption per shopper per day.
- Shoppers must be physically present at the time of redemption and must show an original ticket to be eligible for redemption.
- Entry into the Activity Area is on a first-come first-served basis, upon presentation of the Activity ticket. Last entry is at 2.50 pm.
- The activity is recommended for all ages.
- Activity items accorded cannot be transferred, exchanged for cash or kind, and extended beyond their expiry.
- Strictly no walk-ins allowed.
- Strictly no changing of activity date after registration.
- By participating in the activity, you consent that any images, audio (including voices) and video footage, interviews, and/or likeness (“Materials”) taken may be used by Chinatown Point Management for publicity and/or marketing purposes.
- In the event of any dispute, decisions made by the Management and their appointed Event Organiser will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Management and their appointed Event Organiser will not be liable and shall not be held responsible for any mishaps, injuries, and/or loss of property arising in any way, from a child and/or his/her parents/guardian’s participation in the event.
- Information is correct at the time of publishing. The Management reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions as it deems fit without prior notice.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
PROSPERITY E-LUCKY DRAW
- CP1 PTE. LTD. (Registration Number 201013115M), and/or its related corporations and affiliates (referred to hereunder as “Chinatown Point”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collectively or singularly as the context requires.
- Chinatown Point’s E-Lucky Draw is open to all Singapore citizens, permanent residents and foreigners with a Singapore mailing address who are above 18 years of age.
- The management, directors, tenants and their staff of the malls, employees and their immediate family members (spouse and children), marketing agencies, auditors, and all related partners and vendors of Chinatown Point involved in organizing, promoting, or conducting the lucky draw are not eligible to participate in this lucky draw.
- Chinatown Point has the sole discretion to exclude any person from participating in the lucky draw without any obligation to furnish any notice and/or reason.
- Each shopper is entitled to ONE lucky draw chance for a minimum spend of $88 in a single same-day receipt at any store in Chinatown Point.
- Lucky draw chances are tabulated on a per-receipt basis. For example, if you spend $88 in a single receipt at a store, you will earn 1 e-lucky draw chance. If you spend $176 in a single receipt at a store, you will only earn 1 e-lucky draw chance. If you spend $88 in a single receipt at store A and $98 in a single receipt at store B, you will receive two (2) e-lucky draw chances.
- There is no limit to how many e-lucky draw chance redemptions a day.
- Shopper will be required to provide their details for the lucky draw via the link: https://chinatownpoint.com.sg/prosperitydraw2023 or at the interactive kiosk at Concierge, Level 2.
- The lucky draw is open from 26 December 2022 to 5 February 2023, both dates inclusive (the “Lucky Draw Period”).
- Lucky draw entries submitted before or after the stipulated period shall be considered invalid and will not be entertained.
- The lucky draw will be conducted at Chinatown Point’s Centre Management Office at 133 New Bridge Road, #B2-18 Chinatown Point, Singapore 059413 on 10 February 2023 (Friday).
- The winner will be notified by phone or email.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email within seven (7) days of the conduct of the lucky draw. Any prizes unclaimed for 30 days after the date of notification to the winners shall be forfeited without any compensation.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not exchangeable for cash or in-kind and no negotiation of any sort will be further entertained by Chinatown Point.
- The awarded prizes must be claimed in person at Chinatown Point together with the official Notification Letter issued by Perennial Holdings Pte. Ltd. to the winner to redeem their prizes.
- The Winners shall not hold Chinatown Point and/or any employee of Chinatown Point or any sponsored tenants responsible for any injury, damage, losses, claims or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the Lucky Draw including but not limited to forfeiture of the Prizes or conduct of the Lucky Draw.
- The Winners shall not be entitled to trade-in or sell their Prizes for the purchase of another item from the sponsor tenants.
- The Winners shall fulfill all requirements in relation to the collection of the Prizes.
- The Winners shall agree to being photographed, filmed and/or interviewed and to co-operate with and participate in the activities organised by the Sponsored Tenants and Chinatown Point for publicity, sales and marketing, and promotional purposes without any compensation.
- Chinatown Point reserves the right to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner deemed fit.
- All queries regarding the Terms and Conditions of the draw shall be directed to Chinatown Point.
- With the revised PDPA policy, Chinatown Point will no longer be retaining identification numbers. All details and particulars submitted in the Lucky Draw entries must be accurate, true and complete. Participants would need to ensure that Full Name submitted is as per NRIC. This is to facilitate the identification/verification during lucky draw. Incomplete or inaccurate lucky draw entries will be disqualified.
- Should the winner be found to be under 18 years of age, and/or not comply with any of the terms and conditions herein, the prize will be forfeited without any compensation and awarded to a reserve winner.
- Chinatown Point holds the right to reschedule, change, vary, replace, substitute, amend, withdraw, or cancel this Lucky Draw and/or any of the terms and conditions herein at the absolute discretion and without prior notice or any liability to any party.
Protection of your Personal Data is important to us. This Chinatown Point Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) outlines how we manage the Personal Data we hold. The Policy applies to all departments and business units across CP1 PTE. LTD. CP1 PTE. LTD. (Registration Number 201013115M), and/or its related corporations and affiliates (referred to hereunder as “Chinatown Point”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collectively or singularly as the context requires, recognise the importance of protecting Personal Data.
We respect the confidentiality of Personal Data and privacy of individuals and are committed to complying with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (Act 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”) and other applicable data protection laws, including the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), where applicable. Please read this Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, nothing in this Policy establishes any joint and several liability on the part of the Chinatown Point members. Generally, we process your Personal Data for one or more of the specific purposes identified in this Policy based on your consent obtained. Where GDPR applies, the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data could also be that it is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us, or a third party which is described in paragraph 3.8 of this Policy.
These legitimate interests include providing services to you where you are our client, managing the relationship between Chinatown Point and you and facilitating internal business purposes and administrative purposes. In some cases, the provision and processing of your Personal Data may be a statutory and/or contractual requirement, or may be necessary in order to perform any contract you have agreed with us or perform services that you have requested.
In addition, if your Personal Data has been collected, used or disclosed by us in a particular jurisdiction which has specific requirements or exceptions to the definition of Personal Data, including sensitive Personal Data, we will comply with those requirements under the applicable data protection regulations in that jurisdiction.
- Your Personal Data
1.1. “Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data alone; or (b) from that data combined with other information. Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
a) your name, national registration identification number, passport number or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, facial image in a photograph or video recording, fingerprint and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
b) information about your use of our websites and services, including cookies, IP addresses, subscription account details and membership details;
c) your employment history, education background, and income levels; and
d) your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history.
- Collection of Personal Data
2.1. Generally, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
a) when you submit forms relating to any of our products or services, or submit any online queries;
b) when you register for or use any of our services on websites owned or operated by us or when you register as a member on any of our websites owned and/or operated by us;
c) when you register for or use any of our services, including accessing our properties
d) when you interact with our customer service officers or any of our staff, for example, via face-to-face meetings, business interactions in events and exhibitions, telephone calls, letters, online forms (such as any “Contact Us” forms on our websites), social media platforms and emails;
e) when you use or purchase our services or products;
f) when you establish any online accounts with us
g) when you request that we contact you;
h) when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
i) when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
j) when you respond to our promotions or other initiatives;
k) when you respond to our market surveys;
l) when you submit a job application or a scholarship application;
m) when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
n) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason; and
We may monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation, and identity verification purposes, and while receiving feedback, responding to your queries, requests and complaints and other related purposes. Such monitoring or recording will be done in accordance with applicable law.
2.2. If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the collection, use and disclosure of that Personal Data to us, as well as the further processing of that Personal Data by us for the purposes set out in this Policy, is lawful.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
3.1. Our business is to understand and meet your needs and provide you with the products and services that you require. To do this effectively, we need to collect a range of Personal Data about you.
3.2. In general, we will, subject to applicable law, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
a) provide you with the products or services that you have requested;
b) help us review, develop, improve, manage the delivery of and – to the extent this requires the use of Personal Data – enhance our products and services, including analysing future customer needs, conducting market research and data analytics (which does not involve automated profiling or result in automated decisionmaking activity which is regulated under the GDPR);
c) communicate with you and respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
d) provide ongoing information about our products and services which may be of interest to you;
e) handle disputes and conduct and facilitate investigations and proceedings;
f) protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
g) prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and moneylaundering, and analyse and manage other commercial risks;
h) manage our infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures;
i) facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any Chinatown Point entity; and
j) comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities.
3.3. In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, depending on the nature of our relationship with you:
a) If you are a prospective tenant or a tenant of any of our properties:
(i) conduct due diligence checks;
(ii) prepare lease and/or licence documentation and any other documents as may be required;
(iii) perform administration of the lease and/or licence;
(iv) perform financial transactions such as rental payments;
(v) communicate with you changes and development to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information; and
(vi) any other purpose related to any of the above.
b) If you are purchasing property from us or have indicated an interest in purchasing property from us:
(i) conduct due diligence checks;
(ii) prepare sale documentation and any other documents as may be required;
(iii) perform administration of the sale including handing over of possession of property and attending to defects rectification;
(iv) perform financial transactions such as progress payments for the sale;
(v) communicate with you changes and development to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
(vi) comply with any relevant legal or regulatory obligations, including maintaining the strata roll of the property development; and
(vii) any other purpose related to any of the above.
c) If you are a vendor, a prospective vendor or a contractor:
(i) evaluate your proposal;
(ii) conduct background checks on you;
(iii) communicate with your deployed staff, after award of contract, who are in our properties to carry out work or services, and for any emergency or/and security concerns; and
(iv) any other purpose related to any of the above.
d) If you submit an application to us as a candidate for employment:
(i) process your application including pre-recruitment checks;
(ii) provide or to obtain references for background screening/vetting;
(iii) collect information about your suitability for the position applied for;
(iv) organise training and staff development programmes;
(v) assess your performance;
(vi) administer benefits and payroll processing;
(vii) provide you with tools to facilitate or as required for you to do your job;
(viii) communicate with you to comply with our policies and processes, including for business continuity purposes; and
(ix) any other purposes related to the aforesaid.
j) If you are an existing employee, Chinatown Point’s Employee Personal Data Protection Policy would also apply to you.
3.4. The above purposes are not exhaustive, and depending on the nature of your relationship with us we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for additional purposes which you will be notified of, in accordance with applicable terms and conditions.
3.5. When you apply for or hold a co-brand product which is offered jointly by us and our co-brand partner(s), we may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the purpose of sharing your Personal Data with the co-brand partners for offering, marketing and promoting to you any products, services, offers or events which the co-brand partner thinks may be of interest to you. We will only share your Personal Data with the co-brand partners where permitted by applicable law. For avoidance of doubt, Personal Data collected by third party operators of our properties is not covered by this Policy. Third party operators refer to operators who are not members of the Chinatown Point. These third party operators operate their business on these properties independently of Chinatown Point and the Personal Data of individuals such as guests and vendors are collected by the third party operators for themselves. Chinatown Point does not have access to such Personal Data. Individuals should check directly with the third party operators on their data rights.
3.6. Where you have provided us with specific consent, we may also use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
a) provide services and extend benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes, send you industry market updates (e.g. in real estate), newsletters (e.g. on property) and other information on our products, services, offers or promotions which may be of interest to you and conduct market research to develop special offers, promotional and/or marketing programmes; and
b) administer contests, competitions and conducting lucky draws, including, where necessary, announcing the results of these contests, competitions and lucky draws and identifying and contacting the winners.
3.7. In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also notify or have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes.
3.8. Your Personal Data will be protected and kept confidential, but subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may, depending on the products or services concerned, be disclosed to third parties set out below. Such disclosure may be subject to additional legal requirements under applicable law, depending on the nature of such transfer to third parties. Your Personal Data will, in each case, only be disclosed to the extent necessary and proportionate. The third parties are:
a) other divisions or entities within Chinatown Point;
b) our joint venture/ alliance partners;
c) our agents, contractors, third party service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, research, operational or other services such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, training, market research, storage and archival;
d) any third party business partners who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programmes, whether in conjunction with us or not, and where permitted by applicable laws;
e) insurers or insurance investigators and credit providers;
f) the Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
g) any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any
merger, acquisition or asset sale)
h) our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
i) relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental
j) anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and obligations, including, for example, where we obtain the services of a third party organisation to handle any aspect of the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes notified to you in accordance with this Policy;
k) banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers; and
l) any other party as may be consented to by you, as specified by you or as may be notified to you by us in subsequent notices.
In the event that your Personal Data is shared with a third party that acts with a member of Chinatown Point as joint controllers under GDPR, we will, to the extent required by law, provide you with additional information on the responsibilities of each joint controller, any particular means by which you can enforce your rights and the primary contact person for such requests in relation to your rights.
3.9 We require that organisations outside Chinatown Point which handle or obtain Personal Data as service providers to us acknowledge the confidentiality of this data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the PDPA, the GDPR and any other applicable data protection laws. As a requirement under these laws, we may be required to have specific agreements in place with such third parties to regulate and safeguard your data protection rights. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and follow our directions with respect to this information.
- Transfer of Personal Data
4.1 Your Personal Data may be stored in external servers located overseas or in countries outside of your country of residence. In addition, as described above, in carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related corporations and affiliates, and third party service providers, some of which may be located in countries outside your country of residence. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data transferred outside of your country of residence is adequately protected. In addition, we will ensure that such transfers comply with the requirements of the applicable data protection laws.
4.2 In respect of our activities in EU, where your Personal Data is transferred to locations outside the European Economic Area, we have entered into a special type of contract (called European Commission Model Contractual Clauses) with the recipients of your Personal Data to ensure that they will provide adequate levels of protection for your Personal Data. If you wish, you may request for more information about the transfers of your Personal Data and/or a copy of the European Commission Model Contractual Clauses by contacting the relevant Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in paragraph 10.1 below.
- Retention of Personal Data
5.1 We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes it has been collected, and (i) in most cases, up to 7 years, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law or in order to defend legal claims. Where we no longer require your Personal Data for those purposes, we will cease to retain such Personal Data in accordance with our internal retention policy.
- Your Rights
6.1 You have the following rights, under applicable data protection laws (except where the exercise of these are restricted under applicable laws – for example, due to judicial proceedings or the carrying out of investigations), which can be exercised by contacting the relevant Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in paragraph 10.1 below:
a) to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and request a copy of your information. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties;
b) rectification of your Personal Data. We endeavour to ensure that all Personal Data we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. We understand that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to enable us to update any Personal Data we have about you. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested;
c) where the processing of your Personal Data is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
d) in certain circumstances, you can request to have your Personal Data deleted or restrict the processing of it;
e) if we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is necessary for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing purposes, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications
f) prevent any processing of Personal Data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
g) be informed about any use of your Personal Data to make automated decisions about you where such decisions produce legal effects or have similarly significant effects on you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
h) to lodge a complaint about the way in which your Personal Data is being used to a supervisory authority.
6.2 Where we rely on your consent to use your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This withdrawal will however not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Please note, however, that if you have provided us consent in respect of the use of your Singapore telephone number(s) for receiving marketing or promotional information, any such consent provided will not be affected by your withdrawal of your other consent in accordance with the terms set out in this Policy. If you do not wish for your Singapore telephone number(s) to be used for receiving marketing or promotional information, please contact the relevant Data Protection Officer and specify that you wish to withdraw your consent for such purpose.
6.3 Where we process your Personal Data based on the legitimate interests referred to in paragraph 3.3 above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
6.4 Where mandated under the applicable data protection laws, your exercise of the rights described or referred to above shall be free of charge. In all other situations, we may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the request and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested.
6.5 If you want to exercise any of your rights or if you wish to raise a complaint on how Chinatown Point has handled your Personal Data, you may contact the relevant Data Protection Officer
- Management and Security
7.1 We have appointed Data Protection Officers to oversee our management of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and the applicable data protections law. We train our employees who handle your Personal Data to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data, and we regard breaches of all applicable data protection laws very seriously.
- Telemarketing Policy
9.1 This section outlines our telemarketing policy which relates only to individual users of Singapore telephone numbers and was developed to comply with the Do Not Call (“DNC”) provisions under the PDPA. Our telemarketing policy applies to Chinatown Point unless we have notified you otherwise in writing.
9.2 We aim to comply with the DNC provisions and your choices to receive promotional and marketing messages:
a) If you have registered your Singapore telephone number with the relevant Singapore DNC registers, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages via SMS, fax, calls and other means (as applicable) to your telephone number.
b) However, if you have previously consented to our sending you such messages to your Singapore telephone number(s), we will continue to do so until you withdraw such consent, regardless of your DNC nominations.
c) Also, if you currently have an existing, ongoing relationship with us, depending on the nature of that relationship, we may continue to send you promotional or marketing messages via SMS, fax, calls or any means to your telephone number, about products and services which are related to that ongoing relationship notwithstanding your registration with the DNC Registry, unless you optout of receiving such messages.
- Governing Law
10.1 This Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore. For the avoidance of doubt, the applicable data protection laws will apply to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Review of this Policy
11.1 This Policy will be reviewed from time to time by us. We may also from time to time update this Policy to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact us.
11.2 In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and other translations of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
The information you provide for gift redemptions, workshop registrations, lucky draws and contests will be used by Building Owner, MCST or CP1 Pte Ltd and their suppliers to handle your enquiries, and/or delivery of relevant services to you. Except to the extent you indicate your objection in writing, we may use/disclose your data where it relates to (a) maintenance of the premises (b) audit and compliance purposes (c) contacting you in emergency situations, or (d) any other purposes reasonably related thereto. You also agree that we may collect your data prior to or subsequent to this consent for the purposes of improving our services to you or as permitted by applicable laws. By submitting your details, you indicate your consent to the use of your data as identified above.